Monday, September 22, 2008

Phillipians

3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

I tell you right now it is very hard to hold true to this verse. Hands down.

It is now the fourth week of school. These last couple of weeks have been difficult to say the least. Besides being swamped with homework and other stresses, I have been rejected twice this month. I auditioned for the chapel worship team, something I really wanted to do this year and I did not make it.

I applied for the open Student Activity Coordinator position and did not get the job.

I am not one to be dramaticizing things all the time and making them bigger deals than they really are but it has just been hard to deal with the rejection and the thought that you yourself just did not try hard enough.

I am trying to have a good attitude about it and let God bring his peace. I feel that I could easily make a huge deal out of it then I need to and people would feel sympathy for me, but I choose not to be that way. I choose grace and peace.

I hope and pray for other opportunities and the discernment that God will provide at the right time.

Perhaps this just wasn't the right time for me to be involved in these things.

No comments: