Over the summer, i went on a missions trip that entailed riding 2600 miles from Oregon to Tennessee. It was to raise money for an organization called Blood:Water Mission that works in Africa building wells and combating AIDS through this.
I always say that it changed my life and I believe this, the question is, however, how?
I spent a month at home working and riding my bike around before I went back to school in September and have been pretty much immersed in that ever since.
I miss the amazing friendships that I formed over the summer and the amazing things that I experienced while over the trip.
My point is.... I do not really know how to put into words how this trip changed my life.....
All that i know is that it was probably one of the greatest experiences in my life ever since I went overseas to the Philippines in 2005.
School has almost consumed my life, I have not taken my beautiful bicycle for a good ride in over a month and I feel out of shape again.
I do not understand my plight nor do I feel that I need it but I have faith that one day I will know what all that time was for.
My team that is sadly no longer a team.... I love you dearly with all that I have. You were my family on this trip and I hope that we can be together again someday......
aFrica still requires our attention
"Agnus Dei qui tolis peccata mundi, mi se re re nobis pacem"
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment