Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Feeling like you're on top of the world

Oh my goodness. I love that I am in the right place at the right time. Today was a day of events and somewhat of a journey of sorts. I made it to all my classes even though I was late to Hermeneutics. I had my first baby RA training seminar today. Got to sit with Matt and Erin Freer what a delightful surprise to find that she'll be an RA next year.
Then there was a meeting with my professor about my academic plan for the next two years. I was glad to find that I would not have to take 18 units per semester to graduate on time. He is a good man, a bit too talkative but good.
After that, I was immediately off to my conquest team meeting with the amazing Travis Osborne. We had some good discussion and updates on the different missions teams represented. Our Philippines team meeting was very brief but good anyhow. Two of our members were out sick, so there was not much to do but hopefully the next coming weeks will not be so unproductive. Immediately afterward the meeting I rushed off to do worship for Monday night chapel in the Student Lounge.
I was not looking forward so much to the monday night chapel and had mostly only agreed to do lead worship for them because of my promise to at least do it once. I had been stressing about it all day and then-it turned out okay anyways. I actually felt really filled with God's love and strength afterwards.

Then even after that, i spent time with some of my favorite people. Jared Rouse, Matt Lopez, Eric Wilkinson, and Bryan Henderson. We played video games and went to winco. I was really excited because I felt that Jared and Matt were very distant and it was a blessing to see them have very intellectual and spiritual conversations which is wonderful because both of them like to talk.

I take so much joy in seeing all my good friends know one another and have authentic community with themselves. I know some of the best people on this campus. God is so good to bless us with each other's company.

I feel like I am on top of the world because I am surrounded by such love and strength that is embodied by the fellow believers and followers who I call my friends.

Victory is when peace becomes a lifestyle.

No comments: