
This sort of thing has been one of my dreams for a long time. I want to be in a band. An awesome band that sticks a middle finger to conventional society and does what they feel is right.
One of the reasons I have loved Punk, hardcore, and metal for so long is because most of that music embodies many of the principles that i believe in. Non conformity, individuality, acceptance, and moshing. I'm not really a hardcore mosher but I have had my share of being the moshpit.
I know most people do not consider this music, I strongly disagree. Music to me is more than just delightful melodies and harmonies sung over a good 3 to 4 min. length. Don't get me wrong I love that music too, but there has always been a special place in my heart for good ol' noise, scream, yelling, spitting sounds and wonders. Music, to me, is art, and so are words. I believe that the collision of words and instruments of sounds is music. Punk bands started an idea of simplicity in musical art. They did without the fancy production and shiny guitars. I am in love with it because of their audacity to do this without the confines of any mainstream media attention. Everything is D.I.Y. (Do it Yourself) which is an idea that truly brings out the best of human ability.
I dont care how good, pure or perfect I am supposed to become, I will always love this kind of music or noise if you want to call it.
1 comment:
I could see it.
Remember your Journey days with "Don't Stop Believin'"?? Yup.
Post a Comment