I've decided. I don't want it anymore. I want to place the bitterness aside and receive God's unfailing grace.
I also want to see great things happen.
I saw a film-well two actually, that juxtaposed a hoped for likeness of what a life of love might be. One was of the name "Relentless Love" which expressed the narrative of the biblical story through the form of animation. The second was a stop-motion piece that followed one girl through her spiritual journey of hope, love, fear, abandonment to redemption. Both were exquisite in their visual interpretation and proved to me further the need and existence of a beautiful Savior.
I want to have a part of that. Is it wrong to want? Perhaps it is a selfish gesture that overlooks the need of receiving. A materialistic society constantly drills the message of want. There is never satisfaction. Satisfaction is the supposed allusion. I suppose I will never be truly satisfied in my life if I keep basing it of things that I buy from Target or (goodness!) even thrift stores.
I struggle daily from looking cynically at my former life at home and as a young child when I need to focus my time on what is happening now.
This semester has been one of great difficulty amidst friendships, homework, and attitude. I have been hurt by someone who I thought well of and have struggled to forgive yet I know it is what I must do.
Grace. Peace. I give you
To the half-hearted, destitute, struggling and discontented I call on all of us to throw off the rags and cleanse this heart of that which darkens and destroys. I know that the relentless love of God never gives up for a second and surely we can spare some of our busy time to pay tribute to that.
God I pray for the New Day where this pain ceases and all that is good abounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment