I have never really been that good at things never exceptionally talented necessarily. If there is one thing I suck at it is longboarding. Friday after class I said to myself, "I think I will try that hill on my own". Less than an hour later I found myself being bandaged up by my good friend Matt Lopez because I had fallen and I scraped myself up pretty good. Two days later I am sitting at my desk redressing my wounds that still hurt a good bunch. I cannot move without some kind of pain in my left hip or my knee. Yet in spite of all this, I will not let it get me down. I refuse to let this road rash hinder me from time with my friends and from God. I say that while it is definitely painful, it is of no consequence to those who suffer for the sake of Christ.
I will take on that hill again, and I will be able to sleep on my left side again too. For now it is time to rebandage and heal.
why do we fall? so that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment