I saw one of my friend's girlfriends with a bruise on her face. I visited a friend and her mother who was recovering from breast cancer. Another friend's mom is suffering back home with a foster child. My suitemate told me he might not come back next year because his girlfriend of two years is struggling with the distance between them. On top of that I have numerous tasks ahead of me including a missions team meeting for the Philippines in less than an hour.
Don't get me wrong, I am very excited and blessed to be serving the kingdom by leading a group of people to the Philippines with my good friend Jared Furze. I just hate all the logistical, financial, and developing things I am required to do. Alas, that's what you get when you sign up for service to Jesus. What was that about narrow roads, hating his mother and father, and denying yourself? That Jesus.
The other issue is, there is seems to be so much hurt and struggle with those I love and adore. I hate that I am unable to do anything. Well i guess there is one thing I can do and that is pray. Pray beyond belief. I honestly believe that prayer can move mountains. Although I have never seen a mountain move.
God move a mountain tonight not for me but for them
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nolan true dat. thats all you can do is pray and know that it is all in God's hands. nothing is out of His control. He knows the outcome and all we can do is trust in Him.
Post a Comment