I have this feeling that people seem to trust me with responsibility. I mean, I have 4 people plus a co-leader giving a huge level of dependence on me as someone who will lead them into a far off place soon to be filled with many unexpected wonders and disappointments.
I was recently given the honor of the title Resident Assistant for the next school year. This is a job that is designed for older students to be able to positively interact with their peers and assert a level of leadership and direction for an entire college dorm floor.
I am also currently a so-called Vice President/communications director for a club on campus called Social Action Committee.
I do not know if anyone knows this aside from my family, but I will state it now. 2 years ago I had not even thought about having this sort of responsibility. I was not a leader nor did I want to become one.
The beginning of this year began with God calling me into leadership. The rest has been the story of my sophomore year.
It has been frightening, hectic, stressful, a burden, an excitement, and a blessing. I truly feel that God is making me into the person he has called me to be even more so as I am taking on these new responsibilities.
I am amazed at where I am now as opposed to a year ago.
"what lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
cool emerson quote! i think you'll be a great leader nolan!!
Post a Comment