The following is an account of Friday's events:
I will be an RA next year.
Since the beginning of this year I dreamed of becoming an RA. I wanted to be important, I wanted to wear that badge that said something about you as a person. I had a lot of reasons for wanting to be an RA. My brother was an RA, then an Assistant RD, now he is a Graduate RA. I mean that was not the only reason, but it was definitely one of them. Most of these are trivial and not the right attitude for wanting this position. In all honesty I just felt a calling from God to step up in leadership and he blessed me so much by granting me this opportunity and the role of missions leader as well.
This week was hard and at times very draining emotionally, but in the end it had a happy ending. It was so great. Matt, Katie, Taylor and I all opened up our letters in front of Dana who apparently already knew. It could not have happened a better way because all of us got accepted and we all screamed and jumped for joy and did not care who heard us.
After the jubilation, I went with James Spencer to see Aubrey's, Hannah's, Eleanor's, Cynthia's, and Katie's moms. What a blessing to see the families of our friends!
and after that, I went with James, Matt, and Ian Brooks to a Jesus Culture worship night. Let me just say that 2 and a half hours of pure worship is something I would hope every passionate lover of God would experience.
God you are beautiful and amazing. Lead me in the ways of your love and grace. I am so happy!
Thank you for an amazing day filled with glorious laughter and joyous praise!
What a happy day. I love that I am in the arms of grace.
Love to love God
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment